Yes, this happened over the weekend. Why you say? Because I wanted an egg salad sandwich and not just any egg salad sandwich — I wanted big chunks of egg, mixed with bacon, tomato, and Brussels sprout leaves. That, my friends, is why this happened.
- 6 fresh organic eggs (hard boiled) that come from chickens that skip through the pasture all day enjoying what chickens do. Trust me, this makes a difference in my egg salad.
- 4 slices of the best bacon you can find and most local butchers are doing some amazing creative flavors with bacon!
- Handful of leaves from Brussels sprouts, sliced into strips
- 6 grape or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whole grain bread, toasted
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and gently mix. Add the mayonnaise and mustard, again gently mixing. *Sprig of dill photo-bombed the egg salad.
Do not skimp when adding to your bread — pile it on there!
Finish with more salt and pepper to taste.
Slice and enjoy. Come on, when is the last time you made egg salad?
E.A.T. local E.A.T. well