Posted by Tim Vidra / Friday, March 18, 2011
Peppercorn Filet Mignon Spring Salad
- Grass fed filets
- Organic spring mix salad
- Artisan blue cheese
If you do not have a mortar and pestle you will not get the consistency of peppercorns you need for this recipe - most grinders will just not get you the desired texture. It's a good investment trust me. Outside of that this recipe doesn't get any simpler:
- Grind whole peppercorns with mortar and pestle.
- Rub steaks with olive oil.
- Rub/heavily coat steaks with ground peppercorns.
- Grill steak to your liking and by the way, your liking is medium rare (roughly 4-6 minutes per side on a hot grill).
- Arrange organic spring mix in bowl and add anything else you like in a salad.
- Good crumbled blue cheese is a must.
- Apply dressing of your choice (Oil and Vinegar does nicely) to salad before the steak.
- Slice the steak and add to salad.
- Leave a comment thanking me for the ease of this wonderfully simple meal.
E.A.T. local E.A.T. well